Sunday, February 1, 2009

Childhood Place

Part II: Present Perspective

Believe it or not, my favorite place since I was a child is still home sweet home. Home is still a place where I can eat an endless amount of ramen noodles. Home is still a place where I can find these noodles in our middle and bottom cabinets. The scent of sweet, white, asian rice steaming from the rice cooker as I enter the door is always there when I get home. The sound of my mother's warm but loud voice as she greets and opens the door for me. The expression of my father's exhausting but happy to be home look on his face when he walks in the door. Home is the only place where I can go to bed at three in the morning and not get out of bed until two in the afternoon. Home is the only place where I can place my feet on the couch and "criss cross apple-sauce." Home is the only place where I can blast my Big Bang music and dance however I want when I'm home alone. Home is the only place where I want to be at and with my family. Home is irreplaceable and that's why I call it home sweet home. My favorite place of all places is home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment